Lifeless Bodies of the Children
Generators fumes have killed four children in Aghoro II community, in Ekeremor Local Government Area of Bayelsa State.  Residents of the community said the children inhaled the fumes expelled by the generator that powered their home.
Also, the neighbours said, the newly-bought generator was positioned at the veranda right next to the children’s room. But the distraught father of the deceased children said he kept the generator at the balcony far from the room of the girls.
Pointing out that, when he woke up at 6 am the next day, he discovered that the generator had shifted close to the door of the girls’ room.
Generators are Deadly
The distressed father said: “The generator was outside, but it was on tiles. The generator shifted close to the door. At about 6 am, I came out to put off the generator and saw that it was close to the door.
Eventually, when I entered the room I saw that all the children were dead,” he lamented.
The deceased children identified as Lucky, Ebitimi and Ruth London with their cousin Ebi Binasuode were discovered dead in the morning.
Only one, Favour Stephen, survived the incident. All four children, who were still in primary school, had just finished the term’s examination.